You can experience so many benefits from massage therapy. Massage has been utilized around the world for centuries in a variety of different cultures.
Benefits of massage:
- Pain Relief
- Stress Relief
- Managing Anxiety
- Management of Chronic Pain
Types of Massage:
- Swedish - Most common type. Involves soft, long, smoothing strokes on the top layer of muscles.
- Deep Tissue - Good for painful, trouble spots in the body. Slow, deliberate strokes with focused pressure on muscles, tendons and deep tissue. Helps with chronic, painful areas or muscle injuries.
- Sports Massage - Helps athletes in training before, during, and after a sporting event. Helps promote flexibility or prevent or treat injuries.
- Hot Stone - Placing hot stones on pressure points in the body. Used along with other massage techniques. Transmits deep heat into the body.
- Reflexology - Uses hand and finger pressure onto certain areas of the feet. These pressure points correspond to other areas of the body. Combined with other massage techniques.