Relaxation & Stress Management
Relaxation techniques are easy to learn. There are a variety of techniques we can teach you. Techniques include: Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Visualization, Deep breathing, and Biofeedback. There are many resources on the internet or in stores about how to learn relaxation. If you are unsuccessful at learning on your own, we can help.
Sessions are conducted by our licensed therapists. They can help guide you in learning different techniques until you are comfortable doing them on your own.
What are the benefits of relaxation?
There are many health benefits to relaxation. You can reduce your stress or anxiety levels or gain confidence in an uncomfortable situation.
Practicing relaxation techniques can reduce stress symptoms by:
- Slowing your heart rate
- Lowering blood pressure
- Slowing your breathing rate
- Reducing activity of stress hormones
- Increasing blood flow to major muscles
- Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
- Improving concentration and mood
- Lowering fatigue
- Reducing anger and frustration
- Boosting confidence to handle problems
For more effectiveness, combine relaxation techniques with other skills or outlets such as music, art, exercise, supportive family and spiritual development.